Hi there. Today Id like to share some valuable tips with you today in order to save cash. They may appear simple tips but a lot of people often forget that even small expenses add up and deplete your funds. Its important that every month you are investing the maximum in order to attain wealth.
1) Buy an ecomonical diesel car. Instead of 20-30mpg you will achieve 40-60mpg. Potential saving 50% of fuel bill. In London you can go to a car supermarket such as Car Giant found here http://www.gtccar.co.uk/
2) Do not live beyond your means or stretch to live in a house that you can only just afford. Live in a nice house but with less rooms in order to allow for investment of cash each and every month
3) Change your bank account to a high interest account such as the Alliance and Leicester bank account . Read this article
Make your Money Work Harder with a High Interest Current Account
4) If you know when you are going on holiday book your flights early using this fantastic site called skyscanner
5) Do not spend cash on too many luxuries or things which arent required for your house. Try to minimize spending to food and clothing only. OK you are allowed the odd luxury but ideally any excess money should be banked in a high interest account or invested.
6) Sell items that you dont longer require on auction sites such as Ebay found at http://www.ebay.co.uk
7) When you are out shopping. Always ask yourself ” Do I really need this?”. Think for at least a minute. Normally the temptation to buy will subside
8) Start making packed lunch for work. The savings will add up dramatically. For example if you are spending £5 a day. You will be saving at least £100 a month. If you start cutting out that daily starbucks as well we could be talking £150 a month savings.
9) Always use your ISA allowance every year. Thats either £3000 cash ISA or £7000 for a stocks ISA. You wont have to pay tax on the interest. More money for you and less for the tax man. :-)
10) Shop locally for small number of items, making use of your local markets and fruit shops. The prices are often cheaper and it saves the temptation of buying lots of other food that you didnt actually need. Also the local produce is often fresher.
11) Cut your phone bills by using voice over ip. For example I pay around £6 a month now including international calls to Australia and Europe. With BT i was paying around £50 a month. Thats a saving of £44 a month. Read an article here of how to convert to voice over IP at home – Cut your phone bill by using voice over IP.
12) Shop abroad if possible. If you live in the south east of the UK close to a ferry port then consider shopping abroad. With the lower taxes in france its better to do big food (and drink) shops abroad than in the UK. The savings are huge but its important you buy in bulk. The prices for most food and drink in France are around half of the UK.
13) Service your car in France or Europe (possibly when on vacation). The savings are huge with labour costs at least 50% cheaper than the UK.
14) Rent out a room in your house to generate additional cash. Dont worry it doesnt have to be forever and this cash can be put directly into a high interest savings account
15) Earn additional revenue by enrolling your car for advertising wrappers. Companies will pay to have their adverts on the side of your car (up to £200 a month). You can enroll here http://www.ad-wraps.co.uk/
16) Capitalize on your skills. If you are an IT expert then put adverts in your local newsagent offering to fix pc’s or train home users how to use computers. This is an additional income that you could put directly into your savings accounts
17) If you have your own garden – grow your own vegetables and fruit. The savings could be huge and save yourself a walk to the fruit shop :-)
18) Carefully review what you spend. When you go to a cash point take out less than you normally take out. Try to minimize what you spend and increase your income.
There are many more tips that I will expand on but these should help you get on track to wealth. Once you have empowered yourself to control your finances you will realise how easy it is to save money allowing you to invest for a better future.