Its been a while but I’m back. Today I’d like to talk about VR. Virtual Reality is a game changer. In 2016 we will see an end of flat screen media and the arrival of full 3 dimensional worlds with Virtual Reality. Here are 10 reasons why I believe VR Investments will explode in 2016.
- Playstation 4 VR will release in October/November 2016 – PlayStation VR – previously known as Project Morpheus – is Sony’s answer to virtual reality devices such as the Oculus Rift.
- Facebook have already invested in Oculus Rift at a cost of 2 billion dollars in 2014. They are ploughing significant amounts of money into VR.
- 2D Objects are so yesterday. Remember the old black and white TV we had back in the day. That will be flat screen lcd screens in a few years from now.
- The possibilities are endless. Imagine doing your food shop walking round the store from home with VR. Playing tennis with friends situated on the other side of the world.
- VR will benefit the healthcare industry. There is the possibility that surgeons could operate from anywhere in the world.
- There will be money making opportunities inside virtual worlds. Just like in 2nd Life there will be a lot of opportunities to earn money inside Virtual worlds.
- Remote working – Companies could effectively trim down office space and allow staff to work remotely using VR headsets. This is a huge improvement over video conferencing.
- TV and Sporting Events – Consumers will be able to feel like they are inside the stadium when watching music or sport events. TV networks will be able to charge premiums for these events.
- Statista estimates that there will be 171 million virtual reality headset users by 2018
- Digi-Capital estimates that the AR market will grow to $90 billion by 2020
How do you get involved with VR. The safest way would be to invest in the large companies that are already investing in the technology. These include Sony, Facebook, AMD, Google and if you carry out your own research you will find that there are other smaller companies and startups that are driving VR forward. These are exciting times and I would definitely consider some VR stocks for your portfolio.